You were made to be a world changer.
God created every person on this earth with a special purpose—and the world is waiting for you to share yours!
What is the Kids Crew?
Kids Crew gives 5th-6th graders the opportunity to put their faith in action. Through this 9-month long service program (September-May) our aim is for kids to discover that:
- They were made to belong to God
- They were made to reach out to others
- They were made to change the world
Everyone in this program will:
- Volunteer twice a month either in our church or in the community.
- Come together for a monthly team meeting. The monthly team meetings will be hosted primarily at The Sanctuary (but may include other locations as well). The first month will include an extra meeting to help get the program moving.
- Read the book You Were Made to Make a Difference by Max Lucado.
Kids who join the Kids Crew will be provided with:
- A Kids Crew t-shirt (to be worn while volunteering only).
- A copy of the the book You Were Made to Make a Difference by Max Lucado.
- Any kid who completes the entire year of the program (including regularly attending church, volunteering, attending the monthly meetings and reading the entire book) will receive a 50% summer camp scholarship (for our churches kids summer camp only).
This program is designed to be a next step for kids in order to help them grow in their faith.
Requirements to apply and a more detailed description of the commitment are listed on the application.
Questions? Contact our Kids Crew Coordinator: Sherry Chirillo
How do I apply?
In order to be a part of the Kids Crew, kids must fill out the application and pay a $25 application fee. Turn in the application & fee to Pastor Brandon or Sherry Chirillo by August 19th.
Application Fee: $25
You can pay the application fee by cash or check when you turn in your application or you can pay by credit card ($0.75 transaction fee is added to the application fee when paying by credit card).
SAVE THESE DATES:
Kids Crew Interest Meeting | Sunday, August 19th at 12:45pm
Have questions or want to find out more information? We are having a 30-minute parent & kid information meeting right after second service (it starts at 12:45pm) on Sunday, September 3rd in the Missionary Control Room. The books for Kids Crew will be distributed at this meeting (kids are expected to have the first chapter read by the first meeting).
Applications Due | Sunday, August 19th
Turn in your application to Pastor Brandon by this day. Remember, the applications must be filled out by the kids. If parents fill it out, kids won't be able to join the program.