The phrase “seeing is believing” alludes to the value of visible evidence.
Thomas, one of Jesus’ disciples, was only convinced the person standing before him was his resurrected friend when he reached out and touched the nail holes in Jesus’ hands. Seeing and touching Jesus forever changed this disciple.
Not nearly as life altering as Thomas’ encounter with Jesus was my encounter with the eastern Sierra’s. I had heard of their grandeur and ruggedness. But then seeing their awesome almost violent structure left me breathless.
Yes, I expected them to be beautiful. I had, of course, seen pictures. The photos, as masterfully crafted as they were, never prepared me for the towering mountains of granite that seemed to erupt out of the Owen’s Valley. They commanded respect and humility.
I believed in their beauty, but now I had experienced it. The familiarity changed me. I went from simply being a person who had heard of their beauty to a person who knew it.
The SCV Pregnancy Center is hosting a special Open House for The Sanctuary THIS Sunday, September 20th from 2:00-4:30pm. This is an opportunity for adults, teens and children to experience the Center and the amazing staff in a unique way.
Many of us have believed in the value of the Pregnancy Center because we’ve heard or read about what they do. Taking this little road trip across town will help us experience it in a new way. To see the professional setting, skilled staff and effective methods for engaging men and women in unplanned pregnancies will change how we see the Center. You will get to experience this incredible ministry firsthand.
Even if you are a person who tends to disagree with the message and methods of the SCV Pregnancy Center, please consider going and taking it in. After experiencing who they are and what they do, I would enjoy discussing your visit. If you’d like to talk, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details about the Open House to keep in mind:
- When is it? Sunday, September 20th from 2:00-4:30pm.
- Where is it? SCV Pregnancy Center, 23838 Valencia Blvd #270, Valencia, CA 91355.
- How long will it take? Less than an hour.
- Why would I attend the Open House? Everyone (women and men) who comes to the SCV Pregnancy Center says things like, “I never really knew how or what you do. I always thought something much different”, or “I never knew you had so many services”, or “Wow, what an incredible eye-opening experience. I’m so glad I came”.
- What can I expect? Expect to learn something new and to be surprised.
- Are kids welcomed? Absolutely. There are no graphic images or sexually explicit information. Those under the age of 10 may be a little bored and could distract you or others. You know your children better than anyone, so we leave that to you.
- Where should I park? Because it is on a Sunday there will be more than adequate parking round the building and at City Hall.
Looking forward to the Open House. I hope you can make it!
- Pastor Zack